Saturday, October 09, 2010

Who are these people?

Great picture, huh?!? These people are my parents. With our referral for Lily seemingly close, I have been doing so much thinking about parenting, balancing work and motherhood, financing a child and meeting all of her needs and on and on and on. Needless to say, I know there is so much that goes in to raising children and I know that I have tons to learn. I know I'll make mistakes. But I also really know that I have what it takes to be a good mom. I just have to seize that opportunity and do my absolute best.

In all my reflection lately, I have to say that I realize even more that I have amazing parents. There are so many things that make them great as not only parents but as people and I am just in awe of them some times (like the combined 60+ pounds that they have lost on Weight Watchers in the past couple months - go Mom and Dad!). My family as a whole has just been so supportive of Jeff and I through this adoption journey and Lily will be so fortunate to have the love of so many fantastic people too. I am so excited that Mom and Dad are even thinking of travelling to China with us. It goes without saying that I can not wait to be a mother to my sweet baby girl. I can't wait to see the man that I love become a father. It really brings tears to my eyes just thinking about that moment when Jeff and I take our child in to our arms. But even more, I can not wait to see my parents as grandparents. They will be amazing all over again. I can't wait to spend child-filled holidays, school programs, temper tantrums and cartoon watching with them. It will be so much fun. Just a few more months....

No comments: