Thursday, October 07, 2010

Buried in paperwork


This adoption paperwork update is something. We quickly pulled together new versions of a lot of forms and such that we have gotten multiple times before but that is not where it ends. With our referral visible in the distance, this renewal is unlike any other because the time crunch is on and because the government has restructured a lot of the offices that handle our applications. I am about to send the OFFICIAL letter to the government to get this renewal underway but am really not sure where it should go. Like most restructuring processes, this one has left a lot of confusion in it's wake. I have e-mailed our adoption agency in hopes that they have some direction to give us. Otherwise I am going to spin the wheel of possible addresses and hope for the best. Arghh.

I really, really want this update to go smoothly and quickly. Of course, with our update we have to update fingerprints again. Not too big of a deal if you actually HAVE fingerprints, unlike me. I have a new tactic that I learned at work though. In order to sign in to our medication machines, we have to use our fingerprint. This is a primo problem for me but I've learned that if I rub my finger on my greasy forehead before I put it on the plate then it takes. Do you think the immigration people will let me rub my whole hand on my face before I place it on their fingerprinting machine?!? I'll take bets on that one.

No comments: