Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The earthquake


While I am immersed up in what is happening in my world right now, I can absolutely not ignore what is happening in China. The overwhelming tragedy of the earthquake and aftershocks have left me speechless. So many people are worrying at this minute about missing and lost family members and their lives have been immeasurably altered. I can not even wrap myself around this.


Please pray for all the suffering in China, all the men, women and children who will never know their "normalcy" again and for the babies in orphanages who have been moved to safe locations, whose orphanages and foster homes have been destroyed and those who haven't reported yet if they are safe and alive. Our baby girl may be there now. Pray for her. She may not be born yet. Pray for her birth family who, undoubtedly, have been touched in some way by this tragedy.

No comments: