Monday, May 05, 2008

1 semester down, 4 to go

I wrapped up my first semester of nursing school on April 28th. Talk about a cooshy life...I have 3 weeks until the next semester starts and I have worked out, sat in the sun and done a bunch o' nothing for the past few days.

I am happy to have made it out of the first semester with a pretty decent record. I am posting my grades, facing the music. I got a B...shoot me. In my defense, this grade was determined mid-semester while I was still working overnights and school wasn't my priority...staying alive for 4 days without sleep was. The second half of the semester was pass/fail and, of course, I passed with flying colors and exempted the final. So...I have a tarnished record. This is my first B since I have been "back to school". It irks me but I will take it.


I start the Summer semester on May 27th and it will be 10 weeks of h-e-double hockeysticks. It is the roughest of the five semesters and I have it squished into half the time so it will be doubly rough. I will excuse myself now for all the phone calls I don't return, special days I will forget and feelings I might hurt. I will make up for it...I promise.

No comments: