Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Last Lecture

I taped the special that was on TV the other night with Randy Pausch and Diane Sawyer and am building myself up to watching it. If you don't know who I'm talking about then I will tell you. There is a professor at Carnegie Mellon who has terminal pancreatic cancer...he has very little time to live and has 3 little kids and a wife. He has such a healthy outlook on life and on his impending death and is using that to teach a lesson...such an amazing thing. I have watched excerpts of the lecture and always end up crying so I haven't forced myself to sit and watch the whole thing because I know I will be bawling my eyes out. Here is a little summary off of YouTube:




One thing he says is that brick walls are put in place so that you can prove how to yourself and others how badly you want something...and to weed out those who don't want it badly enough.

No comments: