For the past few days my teeth have been killing me. I thought maybe I had cracked a couple of them and had horrible visions of thousands of dollars in dental work accompanied by lots of painful visits to that evil place known as the dentist's office. I went in today for a semi-emergency appointment because the pain has not let up and to my delight, it was a pretty simple problem. Jeff has woken me up several times lately because I have been grinding my teeth in my sleep. I have been a wee bit stressed so this is not really a surprise. I am a teeth grinder by nature and it is truly exacerbated by stressful situations. Supposedly this has thrown off my bite which has caused some major discomfort with my teeth and a bridge that I had put in about a year ago. So the dentist pulled out his trusty tooth dremel tool and grinded my teeth down until my bite seemed to be a little more comfy. Hopefully in a few days, the soreness will subside and I will be as good as new. And to prevent this from happening in the future, they took some molds to fit me for this:
which I will wear at night so that I don't wake up with my teeth on the floor. And in case you are curious, bruxism is the "medical" term for teeth grinding while sleeping...it is a sleeping disorder...whodathunkit?
No comments:
Post a Comment