Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Good article


In case I don't do a great job conveying what is happening with our adoption, here is an article that the waiting community seems to think is pretty good. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080409/ap_on_re_us/china_adoptions_long_wait_1 It is definitely worth reading and can help you see that we are a part of a large group of people and families that are in limbo, relying on the powers-that-be in China to grant us parenthood. So to answer some of the questions that I have gotten lately:


Q: Are you still in THAT line?

A: Yes. No plans to get out. It is the way we are going to have a family. Period.


Q: Have you heard anything more about THAT?

A: No, and I don't expect to in the foreseeable future. We don't get periodic updates. Basically it goes like this: start your paperwork, finish your paperwork, send your paperwork to China, make it through the Review Room in China where they scrutinize your application, WAIT INDEDFINITELY WITH NO NEWS, get your referral, wait for your travel approval, plan your trip to China, go to China, become a parent, come home, live happily ever after.
If we are anywhere near getting our referral, trust me, I will be on top of the roof with a megaphone. We are in the "waiting indefinitely" stage with no anticipation of movement. Right now, just based on internet surfing that I do just to torture myself, we are expecting our referral in late 2009 or early 2010. That can and will most likely change throughout the next few months.


No comments: