Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Smattering of Things

Ni hao folks! Sorry I have been bad about blogging lately...been busy with work, the start of school and my overwhelming social life (ha ha!). So here I will cover those topics:

1. WORK - no comment...once I get started on that rant I won't stop

2. SCHOOL - I am taking Microbiology and Speech (on-line) this semester. Micro seems like it could be pretty tough - a lot of chemistry and I HATED chemistry. On Wednesday we dyed some bacteria with methylene blue and I got some on my hands - I was a smurf for a few hours cause that stuff just won't come off. It was funny at the time - I guess you had to be there. Speech is going to be a lot of work...I have already had a quiz, have another one due on Tuesday and a paper due on Friday...these on-line classes really are tougher than the "real" ones. I do have my application almost ready to send off for nursing school. The deadline is October 6th and I will have it in way before that. Cross your fingers, toes, hairs, everything for me cause I am counting on this working out.

3. SOCIAL LIFE - This category kinda covers everything else, right? Well...Jeff, Dad and I are still doing our Couch to 10K program and we are now up to 3 miles....Dad did his first straight mile (twice) this week and he did AWESOME! Thursday night after the run we had happy hour at the bbq place and stuffed our faces for a job well done. We are on track for the Race for the Cure on Oct. 13th - I can't wait to cross the finish line with Jeff and Dad!!

And...I got a call from my friend Lee on Wednesday. She is getting married in October and Jeff and I are going to Atlanta for 3 days worth of festivities. I am super excited about it. Anyway .... she told me that she is having a wedding shower on Saturday - yes THIS Saturday and that I need to come. So....I am about to take off to go to Atlanta and go to the shower. I am excited to see Lee and her fiance, Vinay and Sythan and Caleb. Sadly Jeff is on call this weekend so I am going it alone AGAIN. I am sure though that it will be fun cause these are just super great people.

I will try better to balance these things and be a better blogger. Of course y'all could leave me some comments so I actually know that someone is reading this :).

Oh - and on the Chinese adoption front....it looks like the next round of referrals are on their way to agencies from China. I just hope and pray that there are lots of babies in this batch that will find their mommies and daddies really soon.

No comments: