Friday, September 14, 2007

Updating

Have I said lately how much this adoption wait bites? I think we might be at one of the worst points of it because we are having to update our approval to bring a foreign born child into the US...a big deal. This is issued by the Department of Homeland Security and expires every 18 months ... so there is even a chance that we might have to do this AGAIN.

Anyway...this update entails re-doing a lot of the paperwork that we did when we were initially preparing our dossier for China. Our home study has to be updated so we have to have new physicals at the doctor's, new financial statements, new clearances from the gov't certifying that we haven't ever abused or neglected a child in our care, new agreements and forms with our adoption agency, new documents from the court, new reference letters from our reference people and on and on....all notarized and sent on to our agency so they can pull together our updated paperwork and send it on to DHR in Alabama for their stamp of approval and then on to the Dept. of Homeland Security.

The worst piece of paper is our medical form because we couldn't get an appointment with our doctor for a month...so that is a major hold up right now. I will be glad when this is all done and sent off...along with another big chunk of our adoption money.
Sorry for the babbling post - I guess I just needed to rant and vent. Wish us luck with our update and thanks to all the people who have to re-do something with us!!

No comments: