We have been having lots of floor exercise time lately. I spend time on the floor with Lily on my off days and Jeff is diligent about giving her tummy/floor time on the days I work. We are really working on Lily's trunk control, her ability to roll all directions, reach for objects not within her grasp and not directly in front of her and prolonging the time that she can tolerate not being in mommy or daddy's arms.
Of course our Lily is amazing and makes huge strides every day. On June 16th, we saw plenty of back to tummy rolling over (as seen here)...
...but she couldn't quite make it over her shoulder to accomplish the tummy to back direction. This week while I was at work, Jeff got her over that hump and she is now rolling successfully in all directions. There is no stopping her, really. If we put her on the floor on one side of the room, she can make it to the other side in no time. She is so proud of herself and we are so, so proud of her.
Our little girl is so much fun and her personality emerges more every minute. Of course now we have to be super careful because she is semi-mobile and is loving her new-found ability. I can't wait to see what's next!
2 comments:
Go Lily! That's awesome. :)
These are precious!
Ruby
Post a Comment