I've finally been able to upload the first ten minutes of Lily's Gotcha video. There are seven more minutes that I will have to work on but you can see the first time we met our sweet girl here. This was one of the most amazing moments of my life and I am so thankful to have it documented...although it wasn't glamorous since we met Lily and the orphanage staff in the lobby of our hotel after dealing with some pretty rough last minute arrangements. These ten minutes were the beginning of our lives in so many ways.
6 comments:
I think I was crying as hard as Lily!! What an awesome moment.
Thanks for sharing this video. I must say, every time you "almost" lost it, I lost it for you while watching it all unfold.
Strangely, it seems she knew she was going to be leaving behind her A-yi. Every time she would look up at your eyes, she seemed to wail. Were you able to visit the orphanage at all? Also, just a word of advise. Find out who her main caregiver was, and get her personal email address if you can. I really feel badly that we lost touch with our first daughter's, and it's something that, now that she is almost 7, I really wish we would have latched onto, for her sake as she gets older.
Our first daughter only took 10 months to get her, and our second one now has taken almost 5 years. So, I really REALLY appreciate being able to see the raw footage of your Gotcha moments.
She is sooo beautiful. I've been following your blog for a while now, and it's so nice to see her personality unfold in her changing pictures.
Peace. Karen
That was certainly a healthy cry-must have been reassuring.
Ruby
Thanks for sharing that beautiful time in your life. We also got the name and email address for our sons fave A-yi, we kept in touch our first yr home and now send yrly updates on his family day. They had him for 28 months....it was very hard for him to leave them. It was comforting to hear you say "I'm sorry" I have followed your blog for a while and it is nice to see how you get the joy/sadness of such an event. Can't wait to watch your sweet baby thrive in your loving home.
I'll have to come back to this when I have some time. Mia just started crying...
Oh don't post this. LOL! Just saying hi!!
Finally got to watch it. Oh my word...bawling my eyes out. So so happy for you! Brought back memories of my day, too, and now I really want to go wake Mia up and love on her...but I won't. LOL!
Post a Comment