Ok I have always referred to our little one from China as a girl...our sweet Lily. But there is a small chance that we could be referred a boy. Let me be honest for a minute. I am in love with the idea of my sweet angel girl. I want to dress her in frilly outfits, kiss her sweet cheeks, put pigtails in her hair. These are things I daydream about. I admit it. I am sold on the idea of having a little girl.
BUT...at the same time I know that I can not control the waves of fate and if, by chance, my world is rocked with a little boy then I will put my big girl panties on and deal with it. And I will fall in love with him too. He may not have a name, his room may be pink and green and yellow, he may have a stray pigtail in his baby-future but I will love him no less. And if the powers that be on this world and above it grant us a baby boy then so be it. He will be ours through and through and I will have to adjust my princess ideas to thoughts of Thomas the Train, denim overalls and trying to teach him to pee standing up.
Still, the chances of Lily being a boy are small. Just one more little thing I am obsessing about this weekend. And it won't be the last, I'm sure. I need a hobby.
No comments:
Post a Comment