Thursday, February 24, 2011

Surprise Referrals

Today I was at work around noon and feeling very fortunate to get a lunch break since we were extremely busy and lately lunch breaks have been the exception rather than the rule. I heated up my little Weight Watchers points friendly meal, sat down with my co-workers, pulled out my cell phone to do my as-frequent-as-possible check of the China adoption sites when I saw something that made my heart flutter. Referrals came out today.

Keep in mind that they just came out 3 weeks ago today. And in the last few months they have been closer to 45-50 days apart. We weren't expecting a batch for at least another 2-3 weeks. What a fantastic, amazing turn of events. I really was just speechless for a few minutes before I ran to every one of my co-workers and told them. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut.

This batch of referrals looks very much like it will go to June 9, 2006. Can you please deduce what that means for us?!!? We are June 14, 2006....they covered 7 days with this batch....we are NEXT! While there is no real sure thing in this process, I am so optimistic that we will see our sweet Lily's face with the next batch of referrals...which could be 3 weeks or 6 weeks from now. Let the count-down, the freak outs, the last minute worries begin. I am so psyched.

6 comments:

azylee said...

Nicole, that gave me chills! I am so excited for you and Jeff and can't wait to meet Lily!!!

Special K said...

Totally freaking out here with you my LID sister! It's finally our turn!!!!

Nicole said...

:)

mamamarie said...

Nicole, I teared up as I read your good news. I'm so excited for you.

Amy's Mom

mamamarie said...

Nicole,

I'm so thrilled for you, I had tears in my eyes as I read your post.

Amy's Mom

Nicole said...

Thank you so much Mrs. Guess...it means a lot to me that you are following our journey too. :)