Sunday, February 13, 2011

Countdowns

I'm freaking out a little bit these days. Maybe it's PMS. Maybe it's nesting. Maybe I'm just neurotic. Quite possibly it's a magical concoction of all of those and more. Jeff and I are counting down to Lily. My personal guess is that we are 2 referral batches from our little girl. That means 2 months-ish. I have approximated our timeline a million times before and have been proven wrong so nothing is concrete about my 2 months-ish projection but we are, indeed, closer now than ever and we will hopefully be travelling to China before the official start of summer.

My own personal countdown is a challenge that I have issued to myself. I want to be back at my goal weight by the time I become a mommy. Of course, I won't be upset if my baby girl joins us before that happens but I will be uber pleased with myself if I can accomplish this feat. I re-joined Weight Watchers at the end of October and, so far, I am down 23.6 lbs. I have 11 lbs left. My weight is definitely something I beat myself up over. It is an everyday struggle and I have vowed time and time again that I will never let my food adoration control my life again. Then life happens. Stress happens. Ice cream happens. I can only hope that I will never again be in my pre-WW body (in 2002 when I first joined at 352.6 lbs). To be back at my goal when I meet my baby girl will just be so empowering. And I really want to be a good role model for Lily.

1 comment:

Special K said...

Did you say 352.6? No way! That's amazing. You look fabulous.

I struggle horribly with my weight. I'd love to chat about your loss if you're up for it. You can email me at miles2mia@yahoo.com