Monday, January 10, 2011

Some times it takes 3 times


Remember the immigration approval that we got about a month ago?? The one that I was so psyched about because the Vaseline I caked on my hands made my fingerprints take?? Well...we had a tiny hitch with it. My middle name was listed wrong. While this may not seem like a big deal, it is because everything has to be absolutely perfect when we present our forms in China to get Lily's visa, bring her in to the US, etc. So I called and asked them to make the adjustment and they did but.....the 2nd time my middle name was right but it was spelled wrong. So I called back and asked them to fix it again and, less than 2 weeks later, we now have our complete and accurate final immigration approval. It is good until early 2012 which should be enough time for us to receive our referral, travel and be home. This SHOULD be it.
While it took 3 times to get this approval right, I have to say that everyone I talked to at the USCIS that issues approvals was AWESOME. I expected the run around and bad attitude every time just cause and I was so wrong...they were nice and they were obviously pretty prompt. And I am so thankful that this happened now while we are still waiting rather than when we have Lily's picture and are trying to plan our travel to get her around all these masses of paperwork.
So we are now approved, approved and approved and the next paperwork we will do will be when we see our sweet child's face. Wow.

2 comments:

Special K said...

Glad you got it all straightened out. I have a fingerprint appt Jan 31st. Hoping all goes smoothly & I quickly get that piece of paper in my hot little hand.

Nicole said...

I will send some good fingerprint vibes your way. I was so relieved that this time went relatively smoothly for us and I'm sure it will for you too. This is your last bit of paperwork before you see your Mia. :)