Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 Ice Storm

We knew this was coming. All last week and in to the weekend we have been expecting as much as 8 inches of snow and ice. The weather people even told us that we could get some "thunder snow". This actually doesn't look very bad but I reached my hand down to touch the snow and it is solid ice. At least 2 inches of it. We weren't worried though cause Jeff wasn't on call, I wasn't scheduled to work till Tuesday and we figured the worst case scenario would be that we would be stuck in the house until Monday night's BCS National Championship Game with Jeff's absolute favorite team - Auburn. He has been counting down the days until this game since Auburn won the SEC championship and we have both been hard core following his team this whole season.

Anyway...Jeff got an emergency call yesterday afternoon from his co-worker who was on call this weekend. Her mother was sick and she needed to rush to her bedside. I mean, really, how could he possibly not say ok and take her call. This is my husband we are talking about...he doesn't say no and has the most dependable work ethic of anyone I have ever met. Of course, within 20 minutes it was sleeting and within 2 hours he was getting called to spend the night at work. I was beside myself upset and feeling pretty crummy for him too.

So here we are, Monday afternoon, and it is looking more and more like Jeff will be stuck at work for the much anticipated Auburn game. I know he is upset. I am sick to my stomach for him. He slept on a stretcher last night and surely hasn't eaten a good meal. He has been working today just like it was a normal day but double-ey hard since the interstates and surface roads are closed and his co-workers can't make it to the hospital. My poor hubby. Hopefully as the day progresses, the ice will melt enough for some people to make it to the hospital to relieve him so he can come home to rest and watch his game. :(

No comments: