Sunday, December 05, 2010

Bullets

Lots of things going on here these days...and I am failing to blog successfully about them so here goes some bullets.

  • Mom and Dad were here in the 'Ham for almost 2 weeks. Although I had some horrendous PMS for a few days, I still really enjoyed their visit. Thanksgiving was great with Brandee, Leslie and Jason here with their canine children. Having all of them around makes me realize how intensely I miss my family. I wish everyone lived closer.
  • Weight W@tchers has changed the points program and I am reeling. I have been counting points now for almost 8 years and this change has thrown me for a super loop. It is a healthier program but really pushes protein and fruits/veggies. I guess it doesn't hurt to change it up especially when I have been struggling up and down with these same 30 lbs. In the last month I have lost 10.4 lbs so I can't complain. I just need to keep it up so I can be a slimmer momma when we travel to China.
  • I have now been in my "new" job for a little over 6 months and I am getting used to it. We are so, so busy every day when I work and I really work with some fantastic people. I am sure that cardiac nursing is where I am supposed to be and am starting to think about what my future may hold in this area. I really do plan to go back to school but Jeff and I need to get Lily home and settled first.
  • Dad was in the hospital on Friday after having some tummy/chest pains. He was admitted for observation and to say I was a little worried is a huge understatement. Thankfully he started feeling better and was discharged late Saturday after ruling out any acute cardiac event. Don't scare me like that again please.
  • Jason continues to rock his new house. He is learning all kinds of home improvement things and I am counting on him to share all his knowledge as we look toward re-doing one of our bathrooms. I'm talking tile, new toilet, new tub fixtures, etc.
  • Brandee is in the throes of retail holiday nightmare. She has been working tons and dealing with those nasty holiday shoppers. Poor thing.
  • Jeff is on cloud nine these days with his fave team, Auburn, now going to the BCS National Championship. He cracks me up with his blue and orange theme every Saturday and I have to say that watching him and how much he enjoys his Auburn football has made me find secret pleasure in sitting and watching it with him. I just love when he talks to the TV.
  • While last month's China referrals were less than stellar, we are still fairly close to seeing Lily's face. This month's referrals should be coming out any day and we will have a better idea of what we are facing then but my best guess would be that we have 2-3 more months left. Earliest referral...late January. Latest referral....June or July. I'll take it.
  • Jeff and I went to be fingerprinted last Tuesday, November 30th in order to update our immigration paperwork. If you remember, I was un-fingerprint-able last time so this time I spent a couple days putting vaseline on my hands trying to plump up my prints. I did this because the only thing that works to get my fingerprints to take on the medication machine at work is for me to rub my finger on my forehead...just enough face grease to make the print visible for the machine. Pretty gross, huh?!? Hopefully my prints will take and we won't have paperwork renewal drama. Cross fingers and say prayers for us.
  • Last week I turned the big 3-5. It was a big deal for me. I don't know why this one is hitting me harder than any other.

I'm guess that pretty much sums things up for now. We are looking forward to an exciting few months ahead and are really looking forward to closing out 2010 and charging straight ahead in to 2011...which promises to be the best year yet.

No comments: