
Days of coating my hands with vaseline to try to plump up my fingerprints and give those ridges some stick-to-it-tive-ness worked! We received our immigration approval with updated fingerprints today. I am thrilled!! I really was worried about having to be fingerprinted a couple times unsuccessfully and then having to travel to some far-away city again like the last time. I was also worried about some document being missing or some procedure change that would wreak havoc on this renewal also. It seems like a lot of people who are going through renewals lately have been having lots of problems so I have been prepared for a hullabaloo.
Now, with this hurdle toppled, all we can do is wait, read books, make sure the nursery is completely ready, make our packing lists, learn more about attachment, try to enjoy our last few childless months and just count the days until we see Lily's face. It's been hard these past couple of months because things are so very unpredictable with this process. In fact, referrals are later than normal this month and it is making me want to chew my fingers off. I keep reminding myself that there is nothing I can do about it...just hope that she is safe, healthy and happy while she waits for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment