Dear Sweet Lily,
Today is Thanksgiving and, although you are not here with Mommy and Daddy, we are thankful for you. We got to spend today with all of Mommy's family - your grandparents, aunts and uncle and cousin-dogs. We loved spending time with each other but we know in our hearts that you are missing. As we prepare to spend this last holiday season without you, I hope so much that you are safe and healthy and bundled up tight. I hope a nanny or foster mommy is cooing at you and giving you hugs. I hope you know deep down in your heart that you are so, so loved and your forever family is longing for the day that you will join us. Not one minute goes by when images of you don't fill my mind. I can't wait to be your Mommy. I can't wait to fix you Thanksgiving dinners, to answer your questions about pilgrims and Indians, to read you "'Twas the Night Before Christmas", to track Santa's sleigh on Norad with you, to hang your stocking with Mommy's and Daddy's, to see your beautiful face filled with joy. You, my sweet baby girl, are so wanted in this house and family. The years of dreaming of you are about to culminate with the day that you are placed in our arms. Then the dreams will be of you growing up happy, healthy and knowing forever that your Mommy and Daddy once prayed so hard for you and loved you so much before even seeing your sweet smile. You are not here with us but you are....always. I am thankful for you, for the hope that you bring me, for the future that we will have as a family and for every giggle, smile, tear that await us.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment