I'm stealing this topic from one of my favorite adoption forums...I can't help it. As Jeff and I sit here watching the news on Christmas Eve and watch the weatherman track Santa on his NORAD, I really can't NOT think about what next year will be like...or how thankful I am for where we are right now.
Let me start by saying that this past couple of weeks has been a trial of patience and a huge reminder of how precious life, health and happiness are. Dad was in the hospital for the 2nd time in 2 weeks and, although there are still no concrete answers as to what is going on, he is feeling better and I am really hopeful that things will resolve in the best possible way. I know Dad reads this blog, probably more than anyone, and I just want to express how much this has reminded me of how much I cherish my parents. The thought of anything happening to them drives me to almost seizures of panic. I can't even imagine. I love them both so much and want desperately to share the excitement that Jeff and I are about to have with them and watch them become grandparents to our Lily. I just know that she will love them as much as I do.
Maybe it's the drama of these past few weeks that is bringing me to all the thoughts of Lily tonight. All the Christmases we will share. The excitement-filled and sleepless Chrismas Eve nights that are to come. Jeff and I up late putting together dollhouses and bicycles. Us helping her write her own letters to Santa every year. The Elf on a Shelf pranks. The story times and candy canes. Starting next year, Christmas will be different for us. We put up a tree this year because I swore we would, whether we were home with our girl or not. The lights are twinkling and they will again in 365 days from now as we prepare to tuck Lily in to bed for Christmas Eve night. I want her to have Christmases like me, Jason and Brandee had growing up. Special new pajamas to wear to bed on Christmas Eve, early morning wake ups, green Christmas tree cookies, those special ornaments on the tree that we made in school as gifts for our parents, giggles, playing all afternoon. I have such precious memories with my family and really, really can't wait to make new memories with my child.
On this Christmas Eve night, I ask Santa to fill my stocking with hope and faith and a promise for next year. All I really want is my family...all of us together, healthy, happy and looking forward. Next year, Christmas is at the Masseys. I can't wait!!
1 comment:
My thoughts were much the same as yours on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas Nicole!
Things will without a doubt be magical next year. :)
Post a Comment