I have been in the classroom for the past week and one day doing all sorts of tests and skill validations just so that the hospital trusts that I am competent before they throw me to the wolves and make me do actually important nurse-ey things. I am pretty impressed with their standard and have actually had to study and practice things in order to pass and move on to the next phase of my orientation.
Tomorrow will be my actual first day on the unit where I will be working. Hopefully I will have a chance to just shadow my preceptor (kind of like my mentor during my first few weeks of work) and get the idea of what my job will be like once I'm "in the know". The added bonus is that I have to be at the hospital (68 miles from home) at 6:45am and will work until 7pm...repeat times 3 until I am off on Friday. That means up and out of the house by 5am...which prompts the reminder while I'm in my sleep-induced haze on my way to work in the morning...
This photo is courtesy of some "nice" person who needed the same reminder before they parked their SUV.
No comments:
Post a Comment