I FINALLY have a job!!! And what's even better is that I had 2 offers from the same hospital and had the opportunity to make a choice about which road to take. After much deliberation, soul-searching and blessing counting I decided to take the path to a position in the Acute Cardiac Care Unit...a critical care position with the possibility of day shift (to be determined after orientation).


I have wanted to work in a cardiac unit or floor since before I did my preceptorship during the summer but abandoned my hopes when I realized that the job market had tanked. I was applying for any and every position that I might have had a shot at...4 months of applying. My ego was bruised, my optimism gone and my self-esteem non-existent. But I am hopeful now that I am on the path that I was meant to be on all along. I am excited about this new chapter and trying my hardest not to let anything negative steer me away from where I'm headed. Hopefully I will start on Monday (pending squeezing in my pre-employment physical and drug screen). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment