Men are quirky. Jeff is no exception to that rule. Some times I just have to break out in laughter at some things that he does. Maybe I'm the real goof but, for some reason, I doubt that. If you know him then you know, Jeff is a ADDICTED to television. He completely zones out when the tube is on...no matter what show, commercial, inf0-mercial or multi-colored line pattern are visible on the screen at the time. He often immerses himself in the news or in a 1990's episode of Cops while I am in the kitchen pulling dinner together. He chooses this time to act as "Jeff, TV Narrator", heretofore referred to as Jeff, TVN.
You have to know that I can't see the television from our kitchen so I do a lot of poking my head around the corner to bring out the drinks, napkins, etc. and am always greeted by some update on what's going on on the TV. For example, "Honey, that man killed 12 people for nothing...I tell you I don't know why those people don't just kill themselves, why do they have to kill other people first?" or during Cops, "That man was high on crack AND he had pantyhose on. I wonder what HE was doing wearing those pantyhose...um hum I guess we kinda know." I have to respond by chuckling under my breath just so he doesn't know that I think he's an ever-loving HOOT.
The real funny-ness happens when I am sitting right here on the couch next to him and he STILL acts as Jeff, TVN. We are watching the SAME TV show and he stops every 5 minutes or so to give me a summary of what has happened heretofore. "There is that horrible swine flu business in Mexico, Obama has been president for 100 days and the stock market went up a few points...I wonder what's next?!?". Maybe I am just NOT RIGHT for noticing things like this but it really cracks me up.
Quirky I tell you.
No comments:
Post a Comment