Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rain

I love the rain. It is so cleansing and calming at the same time. We had a big storm today. The tornado sirens were going off and normal TV was interrupted for non-stop weather coverage. Schools even closed early...including mine (so I got out of clinical lab this afternoon but have to make it up tomorrow).
I can usually sleep really well in the rain but, for some reason, today I couldn't sleep. I have been awake now for 40 hours, aside from the 20 minute nap I took in my car this morning on campus. Life is rough.
Anyway, I digress. When I couldn't sleep I just laid on the couch in the dark, listening to the thunder and the sound of the wet drops splashing against the window. I thought of when we used to have to walk/run home from the bus stop in the downpours in Florida, when the rain turned to ice when we lived in Maine and I fell on my keester, when I went to Emory and my friends and I went mudsliding in the field after the storms (ewww!). So many memories...all brought on by a few little drops. I do love the rain.

No comments: