Thursday, January 24, 2008

Long Time, No Blog

It has been a loooong time since I posted. Not a whole lot has happened, I just have been too busy and tired to really pull together coherent thoughts. I continue to work my 3 twelve hour shifts at the hospital and and I am a full-fledged struggling nursing student now. I have had school every day of the week and some times I have had to go for days at a time with no sleep due to the combo of work and school. This week has been the roughest. Here is a rough schedule:

Monday - work 7:30pm to 8am (Tues)
Tuesday - school 8:30am-4pm and work 7:30pm to 8am (Wed)
Wednesday - school 8:30am - 11am, SLEEP from noon-5pm and work 7:30pm-8am (Thurs)

Notice in the past 3 days, I have only slept 5 hours...with only 8 potential hours for sleep...the other 3 were taken up by commuting, showering, etc. I have to say that I know a level of exhaustion now that I have never known before. I have done this twice in the last 2 weeks - stayed awake for days at a time. It sucks. I really can't see myself functioning like this in the long term, heck, even in the short term. Something has to give and it is up to Jeff and I to prioritize things and find a solution. So while I am off this weekend, we will be having a talk about how I can finish nursing school without dying.

On a lighter note, I have had 2 friends in the past 2 weeks who have had babies. Amy and Ed have their precious little boy Eamon who was born in the hospital where I work...he is adorable and they are so happy. Sythan and Josh also had their baby girl Amelia. I was fortunate enough to go to Atlanta this past weekend to see her and am just in awe of how beautiful she is. I really hope I am able to spend more time with them as she grows. Caleb (Sythan and Josh's first) actually turns 3 today. Happy Birthday Caleb!! I am going to post pictures tomorrow of me with the babes.

Finally, I just want to let everyone know how many times I have been pooped, peed and puked on in the past 3 days. I work with babies so it is a given that I will have more than my share of bodily fluids spewed upon me but pullllleeeeeeze....what is going on with all the projectile vomit, waiting until the diaper is off to decide to boo boo and aiming at my face to pee??? Yuck.

No comments: