Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's been nice knowing you

Today was my second day of nursing school we finally heard THE SPEECH. I was just waiting for it to happen, knew it was coming....and bam. It was the "say goodbye to your family, friends and any life you had for the next 5 semesters" speech. The one where they tell us that we need to devote ourselves to nursing school 100% and that it will take all we have to make it through, that there are 2-3 people waiting in line to take our spot if we don't make it and that our seat is not guaranteed. Also, that we should forget what is like to sleep...as if I haven't already forgotten.

One thing that they said which I do agree with is that we should know that we are doing this for ourselves...it's an investment in our futures and we won't be successful unless we do it for "me" and not for someone else. I agree that I am doing this for me...sometimes I feel like I am doing it for Jeff too but when it comes down to it, I will be the one with the initials behind my name when I'm through. It is for me and, dang it, I deserve it.

So I apologize in advance to all my friends and family who I love. I may not be able to spend as much time with you over the next year and a half as I want to and I may be grumpy (grumpier than usual) but it doesn't mean that I love you you any less. When I come out of my cave of studying and working overnights, I promise I will be a better person and that I will actually be nice to be around again. Until then I make a plea for patience and support...I wouldn't be able to do anything that I have done without the great people who raised me and those around me who cheer me on all the time. I love you guys and need you more than you know!

No comments: