Monday, January 07, 2008
My first day of school
I did a lot today. I have been off of work for a couple of days so I am actually in the land of the living instead of a walking zombie. This morning I had my first few hours of nursing school. I am both excited and overwhelmed. I already have 7 chapters to read in the book below and countless pages of printed material to sort through. Clinicals start in 6 weeks...that will be the next transition. I haven't posted pictures from our new camera (thanks Santa Dad and Mom!!) so I thought I would make the first couple self-pictures as a memorial to our old camera.
Here I am this morning before I went to school. You can see our kitchen in the background. It is clean because I spent most of the day yesterday trying to get the house prepared since I know I will probably never have time to clean it again.
After I had class and met some of my old co-workers for lunch, I made time to go to the gym. It is extremely important for me to do this so I can control my stress a little bit. Jeff has told me horror stories of people he knows that end up in the hospital during nursing school...and they don't have jobs. So I have a double doozy and need to take care of myself a little bit. This means exercise and as much sleep as I can manage with my schedule.
Finally, this is what I will be doing for the next few hours. The first 7 chapters. The Profession of Nursing. How deep can that be, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rock on! You can do it!
forget the rocking...but u can do it, no doubt.
Post a Comment