Saturday, October 06, 2007

Running is not supposed to be a contact sport...

..but somehow I managed to make contact with the ground and many objects on my way down this morning. This morning was the running group's trial run for the Race for the Cure next weekend...so we were downtown on the city streets. Unfortunately, Birmingham has a lot of uneven pavement and I, in my infinite clumsiness, found a particularly bad part of it about 2.5 miles in.
I braced myself on a cement rail and ended up hitting the ground hard with my opposite hand, knee and hip. As the previous post states, I am a drama queen through and through but let me tell you that I was COVERED in blood...from both my hands, both my legs, arms and I even had a lot on my forehead and in my hair. I don't know what happened but I was a mess and this is the worst wipe out I have ever had. Fortunately, Jeff came up a few minutes later and has helped me clean myself up and get some bandages on. The worst part I think was that I think I had a little bit of shock when we got home...floating between puking and passing out. So, in case you weren't already convinced that I am a drama queen, now you can know that I am for real...and it may be a few days before I am running again. Poor me :(.

No comments: