This is one of the things that I was looking at last night as I was taking my microbiology mid-term lab practicum. Have I mentioned that I am NOT enjoying this class at all??? I hated chemistry and loved anatomy...this is so much more like chemistry than any other biology I have taken. Anyway - so I had a mid-term exam on Monday night in the class portion of the class and then my lab practicum last night for the lab portion of the class. Basically it is microscopes set up with specimens to view, identify morphologies and gram reactions, chemical experiments to determine fermentation, respiration, catabolism reactions for certain bacteria and some other questions that my teacher pulled out of her booty. It was rough...and now I am pretty relieved that the week of tests has come to a close. By the way, the presence of indole in a medium after Kovac's reagent is added is an indicator of tryptophan production in the bacteria used to inoculate MIO.
No comments:
Post a Comment