Tonight on the news I watched a local news anchor, Brenda Ladun, talk about her personal fight with breast cancer. She is a survivor who has been diagnosed again recently and is undergoing treatment for her breast cancer recurrence. A few nights ago, I noticed that she started wearing a wig...she has lost her hair from chemo. While I may not know her, she inspires me. She is positive through something that I think would break me. I complain about waiting too long for my baby and she gives praise for her life every day that she survives. Not only does she fight her disease for herself but she is active in the community, educating women about early detection, breast self-exam and raising funds for cancer research through her own Conquer Cancer run, golf tournaments and public appearances. What a fantastic woman...
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. If you know you need to have a mammogram, get one. Learn about monthly breast self exams and do them. Talk to your female and male family members about your risk and family history. Wear a pink ribbon. Remember those that you have lost to this disease and celebrate with a survivor...even if it is from afar.
![]() |
| Race for the Cure 2007 |

No comments:
Post a Comment