Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A reminder of why I left Atlanta


Last week I had to make a quick day trip to Atlanta to go to the Department of Homeland Security and sign a declaration that I am truly not a criminal. All this because I now officially have no fingerprints left so they couldn't run me through the fingerprint database to verify said fact. Anyway...I had to meet face to face with the "Officer" who is responsible for issuing the approval for us to bring Lily in to the US. My appointment was at 10am and I took this picture at 10:15am. I sat in this blasted traffic for well over an hour trying to get in to the city. All the while I was having a mini panic attack in the car and texting Jason (my bro who lives in Atlanta) and he was searching the web for any info on what could be causing this mid-morning, atypical back-up.
While this experience was frustrating and I was a full hour late to my appointment, I did accomplish the mission and came home with an updated approval form. The sad part is that it expires before we will probably complete the adoption so a repeat of many fingerprinting appointments, home study update with medical clearance, references, social worker meetings and a billion notarized documents will have to be repeated ONE MORE TIME. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I know our sweet little one will be worth it all. Ten times over.

No comments: