Of these characters, I identify most as "Haw" and I have been driven to re-examine this as I have faced another job change. Yesterday I finished my first nursing job and I will be starting a new one next Monday in a hospital 60 miles closer to home with a schedule that works a little better for our lives and future. So...more about Haw. This is from Wikipedia and describes the character that I assign myself:
"Still fearful of his trek, Haw jots "What Would You Do If You Weren't Afraid?" on the wall and, after thinking about that, he begins his journey. Still plagued with worry (perhaps he has waited too long to begin his search...), Haw finds some scattered cheese that nourishes him and he is able to continue his search. Slowly losing his denial, Haw realizes that the cheese has not suddenly disappeared, but has dwindled from continual eating, and that the older cheese was not as tasty and had been moldy. After a letdown, an empty cheese station, Haw begins worrying about the unknown again. Brushing aside his fears, Haw's new mindset allows him to again enjoy life. He has even begun to smile again! He is realizing that "When you move beyond your fear, you feel free.""
So, in a nutshell. I have made a decision and am leaving a job that I do love and one that has taught me so much and re-affirmed my decision to change careers and become a nurse. I have met some great people, had some life-altering experiences and am now moving on to a new chapter. This chapter will require less of this:
And will lead me to a life that is better for Jeff and I and, ultimately, Lily. Of course, I have doubted myself every step of the way but now, it is what it is and I have 5 days off to get myself psyched for what is surely the job that I will be in when my dreams come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment