Saturday, May 01, 2010

I would wait forever

I would wait forever to hold you
In my heart, I know you
You are a part of me, as I am you
More than life, I know this is true.

I will overcome the depths of grief
And release it from my heart
I will reach out my aching arms
And offer you a brand new start.

I will build you the perfect home
For your sweet head to rest
I will fix all the broken pieces
And promise for you, just the best.

Tell you the story that brought me to you
The destiny that God put in place
You were mine from the start of time
In my best dreams, I saw your face.

I will cry a little less
Laugh a little more
Work a little harder
Open every door.

For you I will sacrifice
Learn how to endure
Because you, my child
Are worth all of that and more

I will show you the beauty of the world
Give you all you need to grow
Feel pride and joy as as you mature
And in to that world you go.

I would wait forever to hold you
In my heart, I know you
You are a part of me, as I am you
More than life, I know this is true.

2 comments:

Special K said...

This was just beautiful! Did you write it?

Nicole said...

Thanks! I did write it last night. Obviously I had a mucho exciting Saturday evening ;). I do sporadically write poetry and I want to be able to share it with Lily when she grows up since she is my inspiration for so many things these days. I feel so connected to the adoption lately...I can't help but to think we are so, so close. It is really, really going to happen :).