So a little flour on the flour and Jeff licking the bowl later we had this...

Not the prettiest cake ever but I think it is delish. I know this because every time I go in the kitchen I cut myself a "bite" because a "bite" is never as bad for you as just cutting a piece and eating it straight. So now I have a sugar high, half of a great caramel cake in the kitchen and a husband with a sore belly.
And just in case anyone wants to give it a whirl, here's the recipe:
Cream Caramel Cake
Ingredients:
2 sticks butter (softened)
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 8oz container sour cream
1 TBS vanilla
Directions:
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Add flour mixture and sour cream to butter/sugar alternating flour and sour cream. Add vanilla. Pour in to 3 layer pans. Bake 20-25 minutes at 325 degrees. Remove from oven and cool in pan 10 minutes. Stack with caramel icing.
Caramel Icing
Ingredients:
1 sticks butter
2 cups light brown sugar
½ cup evaporated milk
½ tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
Directions:
Melt butter in a pan, add brown sugar and milk. Cook 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. When it first begins to boil, remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour over powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Let cool slightly. Frost layers, top and sides of cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment