Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby Purchase - Ergo

I did it!! I ordered the Ergo. This is, by far, the highest rated baby carrier that I have seen and it is suitable for all kids...big and little. It also allows the baby to be on your back or facing you in the front. For attachment and bonding issues, that face to face contact will be uber important for us.

I have known that it was going to be on my purchase list but it is not cheap so I was holding off. With referral most likely less than a year away, I decided that now is the time to start making some of the purchases I've planned (especially before I change jobs in the next month - another post to come).


So I did my search this morning looking for a color that is neither girl nor boy, although we are 95% sure our little one will be a girl, one that Jeff will not be embarrassed to sport since he needs to be willing to tote the toddler too and one that won't be destroyed by goopy secretions or spilled juice. This dark chocolate color won out on most fronts so it is on it's way to us. If you see me wearing this filled with some stuffed animals or cantaloupes, please don't burst my bubble. I'm just a practicing mama daydreaming about my baby girl.

2 comments:

Special K said...

I've got my eye on the galaxy grey version. I've been stalking it on Ebay trying to get it a little cheaper than the normal price.

Isn't it fun to actually start getting ready? I'm starting to believe this will actually happen again. :)

Nicole said...

I love the galaxy grey one! You will be toting your little one in style. I got it in the mail and this thing actually comes with a book - a real bound, have-to-take-time-to-sit-and-read book. I guess it's not as easy as slapping the thing on and dropping the baby in :).