Saturday, January 09, 2010

RTR!


Since I didn't go to a college with a football team, I am football-spiritually-deprived. However, I now work in Tuscaloosa - the home of the National Champion football team. So I watched the game from start to finish on Thursday night, texting Dad with each goof up that the Tide made in the first quarter. It was a little nerve-wracking but it ended well...with a victory and the National Champions headed back to Bama.
So now my two concerns are:
#1. Will the Tide come back for a parade this evening or tomorrow while I am supposed to be at work?? I can seriously see the school and practice field from the hospital so my commute could be seriously interrupted by any festivities.
#2. Why in the world would Alabama perpetuate the redneck persona by having the Waterford Crystal Championship Trophy on display at WAL-MART?!??!?!?!?!?! Seriously, it will be there in Tuscaloosa from 12-4 today and in Gardendale from 10-2 tomorrow for anyone who wants to stop by and take a picture of themselves with it. Just please tell them to leave the spandex, bandanas and pajamas that they usually wear to Wal-Mart at home for this occasion.

No comments: