Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm Official

I made a big step at work this week. I finished my 12 week "orientation" period and am now on my own...with my own patient assignments and my name on the assignment board when I clock in. The first night I freaked out a little bit. Although I have been pretty much on my own for a month or so, the official-ness of it all was a little overwhelming. But I survived. And so did my patients. :)

As you can see, I also now have my own mailbox...although it's empty. It is still a reminder that I am a real person now.
And I also spent a couple days in class last week to get my Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification. So that makes me double-ey, triple-ey official. Nicole, RN, ACLS. Well...in actuality I won't put the ACLS but for purposes of my blog I will. It's my blog after all. And I'm official.

No comments: