Saying goodbye is never easy. Whether it is in the morning when I say goodbye to Jeff, to Dad or Mom when they come visit or when you have to say the final goodbye to a loved one who has passed...never easy and never welcome. This week, Aunt Betty lost her battle with a long time illness. She was my Grandma B's sister and also one of her best friends. I remember Grandma waking up at 5am during our visits to have "girl talk" on the phone with Aunt Betty before we woke up. She didn't know that I was actually awake listening to them gossip.


I have seen a lot of our family post photos and memorials to Aunt Betty on Facebook this week and it touches my heart to share some memories with them. Of course, the loss of Aunt Betty reminds me a lot of Grandma and all the great times she gave to me and the rest of our family. I have been so blessed in this life to be able to be loved and love my family so greatly. It makes every goodbye so hard but so precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment