I think the world definitely will mourn this loss of an era. I saw someone post yesterday that this is one of those moments you will remember much like the assassination of JFK and the Challenger explosion. You will know where you were or what you were doing when you found out that Michael Jackson died. While he was no president or rocket scientist, he was a legend in his own right. I know I will be playing some MJ music this weekend and remember being 10 years old and practicing the Moonwalk in my living room. Friday, June 26, 2009
Legend
It's undeniable that Michael Jackson was an icon of my generation. The one-gloved, sparkly be-decked wonder gave us the Moonwalk, spastic but awe-inspiring dance moves and a devotion to zombies worldwide. It is so sad that he has died so young and after such a public fall from grace in recent years. Regardless of the controversy surrounding his life in later years, I think we will all remember the talent and originality he brought to the world of music from his time in the Jackson 5 through his songs like Rock With You, Billie Jean, Thriller, P.Y.T, Bad and on and on.
I think the world definitely will mourn this loss of an era. I saw someone post yesterday that this is one of those moments you will remember much like the assassination of JFK and the Challenger explosion. You will know where you were or what you were doing when you found out that Michael Jackson died. While he was no president or rocket scientist, he was a legend in his own right. I know I will be playing some MJ music this weekend and remember being 10 years old and practicing the Moonwalk in my living room.
I think the world definitely will mourn this loss of an era. I saw someone post yesterday that this is one of those moments you will remember much like the assassination of JFK and the Challenger explosion. You will know where you were or what you were doing when you found out that Michael Jackson died. While he was no president or rocket scientist, he was a legend in his own right. I know I will be playing some MJ music this weekend and remember being 10 years old and practicing the Moonwalk in my living room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment