Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Taking care of hearts

At the end of nursing school, you have to complete a preceptorship which is where a nursing student is partnered with a nurse and is required to work alongside him/her and basically take on a normal nurse's patient load under the supervision of a licensed RN. I will start this experience on Monday.

I actually received my first choice of an assignment...the CCU (Coronary Care Unit) at Jeff's hospital. I am looking forward to seeing how I fare in a critical care setting, especially one where Jeff knows the nurses. As usual, when I go in to his hospital I don't tell anyone that my hubby works there unless he comes to the unit or unless I am directly asked...so maybe we can go undercover and he can get some more objective feedback on me. Not that I want my husband asking about young nursing students in his hospital but still...

I will be completing 90 hours in the CCU as quickly as possible because this summer semester is going to be a BEAR. At the end of it, though, I will be D-O-N-E.

No comments: