Tuesday, May 26, 2009

10 Random Things That Made Me Smile This Weekend

I am stealing this theme from one of my favorite blogs...but it's been a while since I've posted and I needed some inspiration. Here goes...

1. Rumor Queen (http://www.chinaadopttalk.com/) posts projections each month after China adoption referrals come out. This month our LID (6-14-06) actually made the projections. Woot woot!! The top lists referral batch sizes based on the # that have been referred during those time periods ranging in small, horrid, bad, mid and good case scenarios. The side is the month of the referral batches starting with next month, June 2009. The last year and a half or so have been batches in the small to horrid range so I am not too excited since we don't appear until you get to the bad case scenario. But still...we're there and maybe this means that we will actually get our referral in the next 12-18 months.
2. We went to Brooke's wedding this weekend and, of course, it was gorgeous. It was raining on Saturday and her dad actually used a blower to dry off the seats for the guests. It started raining again during the ceremony and several of us got out umbrellas but it was actually pretty beautiful with nature's elements.


3. I got to enjoy 2 whole days with my husband away from home. I love that man.

4. While we were away, Jeff and I saw a mommy with her adopted Chinese baby girl in the parking lot at a shopping center. We turned for a minute and they must have gone in to a store cause Jeff turned to me and said, "Where did they go?". I'm happy that he has joined me in my Asian baby stalking. Sweet.

5. We went to Ikea to just browse for baby goodies and found this chandelier that I think will be a perfect replacement for the ceiling fan in Lily's room. And Jeff agreed. Wowsers.


6. We also picked up some white curtain panels that were on a huge sale at Ikea (9.99 on sale from 29.99) and Jeff actually said, "If we don't like them then we can just dye them and see what happens." I see shades of pink fabric dye in our future. Smart man.

7. We got take-out from Shane's Rib Shack on Sunday and Jeff shared his french fries with me while we ate on the ottoman in the hotel room. They had this awesome spicy mustard sauce that I dipped my fries in. Bad for me but yummy!!

8. Dad is coming to visit this week and I am looking forward to it. If he feels better (from his icky sore throat) Jason will be here too, Brandee will come over and we will celebrate with a s'mores and weinee roast this weekend. Yippee!!
9. I am D-O-N-E with my 90 hour preceptorship and will start my LAST semester of nursing school on Friday!
10. Shankopotamus




No comments: