Monday, May 18, 2009

Oh my aching dogs


My feet are killing me!! I am doing a super marathon of 12 hour shifts this week trying to get my preceptorship finished before the next semester starts. I will be doing (fingers crossed) 51 hours in the CCU in the first 4 days of this week...that's a lot of time on my feet. Trust me, there is no sitting for nursing students on the unit. When I'm not taking vitals every hours, I'm getting ice water and coffee and cleaning up various icky bodily excretions. It's fun. Every now and then I get to do something neat like put in a foley catheter or monitor an intra-aortic balloon pump. But I digress...my point is that my feet HURT!
I am trying to make my clinical shoes work through the end of school and until I can make enough money to invest in those good nurse shoes - the Danskos. All the hip nursey chicas that I am meeting swear by those so they must be good for feet like mine, right?
For now...I have to be really nice to Jeff so that I might be pampered with a foot rub every now and then. That's the only thing that might calm the dogs. :)

No comments: