Monday, December 29, 2008

Blogger Block

I know I haven't posted in a while...even Jeff noticed. I am suffering from a full-on blogger block. It's not that I don't have anything to post about. On the contrary, the last couple of weeks of break have been great and I plan to post about:
  • The rest of my trip in Virginia (with lots of Skinny Dip, working out at the uber-YMCA and just all-around soaking up my parents)
  • My return drive back along with a bang-up stop at Trader Joe's for yummy foods and Jeff's cleaning of the entire house while I was gone
  • Fantastic Christmas with Jeff, Jason, Brandee and Leslie
  • Jason's quirky and extremely neat experiment with Miracle Fruit and his establishment of Ba*key Now!Wow! with accompanying spirit fingers and appropriately timed sigh in it's introduction
  • My awesome Wii Fit (thanks Dad and Mom!!) which I am currently addicted to and using every day although it is mean to me
  • My upcoming 4th semester of nursing school (which begins on Jan. 8th)
  • My completion of New Moon, the second book in the Twilight series, and my own personal review and perspective on the upcoming movie continuation
  • My friend Lee and her husband, Vinay, welcoming their first little baby boy
  • And more...

I am not absolutely sure why I have bloggy block when I have so much material to work with. Maybe it's PMS. Maybe it's just the anticipation of a new year and all that this one will hold. For sure, it has to do with a little bit of an aching heart facing another holiday season without my baby. It hurts my insides and kinda numbs me some times. We don't have a Christmas tree, no lights or Santa visits, no advent calendar with daily chocolate removal, no "Twas the night before Christmas" or Rudolph cartoons, no cookie baking or wish lists, no NORAD Santa stalking, no staying up all night on Christmas Eve or toys to put together, no school parties with the kids, no tinsel to stop up the vacuum cleaner.

Anyway...I am having a pity party again. And today it makes me want to not answer my phone, lock my door, stay in my pajamas and eat lots and lots of ice cream. It will pass and happy blogging will return cause I know I have so much and so many people to be thankful for...but for now I am giving myself a pass to be a bummer.

No comments: