Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Time to try to work again...maybe

I am at ANOTHER crossroads...to work or not to work?!? Nursing school has been overwhelming for the last almost year and it led me to this point where I am not working. You know what that means...no income. I have been so fortunate to be able to focus on school for these past months and not have to worry about juggling school, clinicals, work, etc. but I think now it's time to take another look at the situation.

Jeff has worked very hard to make it possible for me to not work. He has worked mostly 12+ hour days, 5 days a week plus call whenever he can get it. I do appreciate that so much. I try to tell him that but I don't think I really can put it into words.

Anyway...I am looking at a little lighter load coming up (fingers crossed) and have put applications out there at a few hospitals. Honestly, I don't WANT to work right now but I AM 32 years old...I don't have the excuse that I am young and in college. Plus this is the first time since I was 17 that I haven't had a job...and I feel pretty useless. So I guess I will see what happens. If it's meant to be then I will get a job that will work with my school schedule and give me enough flexibility to still be successful. My last stint with the work and school combo was a flop so I have a pretty good idea of what I need this time around to make it do-able.

Although I am flippant with this post, I have thought long and hard about this and really need some positive vibes this way just for things to work out as they are supposed to. If I am supposed to work, bring on the job. If not, give me some peace with the useless-ness feeling, why dontcha? Either way something's gonna give, right?

No comments: