Thursday, November 06, 2008

Evil Car People

Some guy hit me while I was stopped at a red light last week. He was probably going 30-35 mph and just didn't stop like the rest of the cars did. It was minor cosmetic damage but my car started making this horrible grinding, whining noise when I was backing up and, well, when the car was moving at all. So I took it in to the shop and they have determined that it needs new brakes - front and rear, a new tire and that some rear bar thing is messed up...we are talking well over $1000 in repairs that they are saying don't have anything to do with the accident.

Let me say this...my car is a Honda...it is 2 years old...it has 55,000 miles on it. Why in the world should a car with these stats need such extensive, costly repairs?? And why would there be absolutely no grinding sound, man hits me go boom and - voila - grinding noise but it is not at all related to the aforementioned boom?!? I am currently livid. peeved. p.o.'ed. angry. fired up. outraged. and mostly...broke.

To top off the wonderful news that I got when I called the car place, the woman had the GALL to say, "I'll have the service rep call your husband." ARRRGGHHHH. I'm gonna go punch a hole in the wall now.

1 comment:

LaetificantCor said...

I've had the reps directly address the male figure standing next to me on more than one occassion. It's like "Yoo hoo!! MY car...MY checkbook....talk to me!!" I truly understand your outrage. And I'm really sorry about your poor sick little car! Did you take it someplace the insurance company told you to take it to? And do you have previous service records from the dealer or your regular mechanic to prove the condition of the car at last service?