Tuesday, November 04, 2008
My November 4th
Jeff woke me up at 5:00am and said, "I think someone just sent you a text." I went down and got my phone and it was my sweet Mom texting Happy Anniversary to us. Of course it was my parents' anniversary today too so while Jeff and I celebrated 7 years today, they celebrated 35 - what a feat! I am pretty sure all 4 of us are celebrating this special day with microwaved food and election updates. No comparison to last year's trip to the beach for our big day --> http://nicolesdoodlings.blogspot.com/2007/11/at-beach.html . There's always next year for us to celebrate together again, right?
So shortly after waking up at 5, I threw my sweats on and Jeff and I happily went to stand in line to vote. We were at the polling site at 5:30am and there were about 30 people ahead of us. We stood around, chatting with each other and the folks around us until the doors opened at 7am. We were in, had our circles bubbled and were on our way by 7:10.
I'm glad we voted...and glad we did our part together on our anniversary. It was fun. And tonight we will continue to be consumed by the election as I watch my boyfriend, George Stephanopoulos, keep us updated on the future of our country. No matter the outcome, at least we've done our part. I'm satisfied with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment