Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Water Heaters, Picnics and Tests - OH MY!


I think I have exceeded my barometer of stress capacity this week. We had a great weekend at the beach and then Monday happened. I knew it was going to be a rough week but I wasn't prepared for what was going to happen next...our water heater broke....AHHHH!! We have now been without hot water for 3 whole days and I have taken my lifelong share of freezing cold, hypothermia-inducing showers. I did even venture to wash my hair in the icy-ness of the water yesterday. After a failed repair attempt, Jeff decided to go ahead and call the plumbing people last night. So now we wait until they can come out and fix it (please today please today please today).

On top of that I have an awards picnic for work on Saturday and we are expecting 500 people. Somehow I ended up in charge of just about every aspect of the event so I have to pull it together quickly. I have to admit that I now know what the difference is between an 8/1 and 4/1 hot dog and that ketchup for 500 people costs a whopping $30. Hopefully I won't lose it before Saturday and you can bet Saturday evening may bring a martini or two.

And today... after spending the day at work and a bring grant defense this afternoon I have my lab final practicum for my Anatomy and Physiology class this evening. That means that I have to know about 200 muscles, their origins and insertions and how to identify them all on a human model, the anatomy of a sheep's brain and the major functions of all of it's parts, the central nervous system, including the cross section anatomy of the spinal cord and finally the cow's eyeball and all it's lovely parts. I'm freaked about it because I haven't had too much time to study. Oh well, huh?

Finally...Dad is leaving on Friday to go back to London. I'm sad that he is leaving because I have really enjoyed having him here to hang out with and, no matter how much time he spends in Alabama, it never seems to be enough to do all of the things we want to do. We still have to go to a Baron's game, have lunch at the Olive Garden, visit TCBY a little more often, go for runs on the trail... How many grown women can say that they are such good buddies with their Dads? I am so lucky.

No comments: