Now that Mom and Dad (aka Grandma and Pop Pop) live so close, we all were able to spend the holidays together. Thanksgiving was a grand occasion with dinner at their house. It was awesome because the 5 of us Baekeys were all together for a holiday for the first time in a very long time. Plus we had the bonus of Diana, Leslie, Jeff and our very special new addition.
Of course we kept the tradition of rounding the table and each saying 3 things we are thankful for. Do I need to even say that I cried like a stinkin baby?? I remember last year on Thanksgiving saying that I was thankful because I KNEW that next year we would have our baby on Thanksgiving. Did I really believe it?!? I don't think I did. I really am so thankful for so many things...mostly that I have an incredible family who shares in every minute of the joy life holds right now, thankful for whatever grand forces brought Lily to us and just thankful for her. I look at her and just know that there is something grander at work here. There is no other explanation for how this unique, beautiful and perfect little being could have made her way to our arms. Proof of miracles. Every day.
Lily giving Aunt Brandee a quirky look
1 comment:
Sounds like the best Thanksgiving ever. So much to be thankful for. :)
Post a Comment