Saturday, September 03, 2011

Meeting more family

A couple weeks ago, Jeff and I decided to seize the moment, throw our bags in the car and head to Florida so that Lily could meet some more of her family, including her great aunts and Great Great Grandpa. I was a little nervous about the 600+ mile car trip but she did superbly. She took naps, sang songs, ate fruit and yogurt parfaits from McD's with mommy, had a few poopy emergency stops - so much better than I anticipated. Our little girl NEVER ceases to amaze me not only with her resilience and bravery but also with the instant smiles she is able to elicit from those around her. I look at her and just know in my heart that this little girl was created for our family. No child could fit any better in to our crazy world.

I was so happy that we had a chance to see my Grandfather and my Aunt Susie...
Lily also got to meet her great Aunt Diana



And she was so happy to be held by her Great Grandpa. It was amazing to see him with her. My heart hurt for a little while just thinking about how much my Grandma L. would have loved our little girl. She passed away a couple of years ago...during our wait for Lily. She knew about her and was so excited to welcome her first great grandchild. I have to believe that she was there with us that day too and has held Lily's hand before.



I think Lily stole the heart of her Auntie Susie.




It was a fast but great trip and we really hope that we all get to see each other very, very soon!!

No comments: