Monday, August 30, 2010

Peek at Lily's Room - In Progress

I came home last Saturday after work (I work every 3rd Saturday - GREAT schedule for a nurse) and Jeff had moved the old bed out of Lily's Room and put together the crib. I was so surprised and immediately moved to put together some of the other furniture and arrange the room. So every day since, we have done a little more to prepare Lily's room. I took this picture in the middle of last week and have since hung some things on the walls, scooted things around and bought a couple more small things. I am really loving it so far and I know that it will be such a great place for our little girl to rest her head.
Of course when it comes closer to time to bring her home, we will wash and iron everything and get it looking perfect. For now, we are in the midst of another Lily project - updating our home study and paperwork for the 4th time. Our immigration approval expires Jan. 8th and we have to receive our referral, travel and be home before it expires. Not gonna happen so we are pulling everything together now so that we can make sure it is in the office where it needs to be 90 days before our expiration (the max time it is supposed to take for renewal). I don't want there to be anything at all that might delay us from holding Lily in our arms once we see her sweet face and if our paperwork is not current, there will be no travel for Jeff and Nicole. Not gonna let that happen. One good thing about all this paperwork stuff is that we get to meet with our social worker again and Jeff and I get to show her Lily's nursery :). Last time she visited us, it was a bland extra bedroom/storage room. Now it's a baby girl haven. Love it.

1 comment:

Special K said...

Pink and green. Love it!

My I-171H expires in March. So I'll be doing mine again, too. Thank goodness it's finally the last time we have to worry about that!